We are looking for female leaders to join our team for Summer 2023 at Hameau Farm!
Seeking: Summer Camp Staff, Animal Lovers Who Enjoy Working With Kids
Location: Belleville, PA (central PA, a short drive from State College)
June 12-Aug 6 (8 weeks)
This is a paid position.
Requirements: Good with kids, responsible leader, animal lover, positive, fun!
Bonus points if you: love art or science, play an instrument, enjoy literature, dance, theatre, crafting, cooking or have farming experience!
Who are we?
We are a small dairy farm that doubles as a summer sleepaway camp for girls age 7-14 during the summer months. Our mission is to empower young women, increase confidence and celebrate uniqueness through hard work and fun! Summers on the farm include farm activities like working with animals and farm chores, as well as traditional camp experiences like bonfires, songs and arts & crafts. We are a small program, with a staff of 10-12 strong women looking after 30 campers. Check out our summer camp section for more info on our program, and take a look at our Alumnae section for testimonials from former staff members.
What you’d be doing:
We look to our staff to lead the fun, and provide a safe and exploratory environment for campers. We are looking for responsible young leaders, comfortable running activities on their own and working closely with a co-counselor to look after 10 girls in a cabin.
• Look after 30 girls as part of a team of 7 staff members
• Work seamlessly with your co-counselors and CITs as a team to make it the best summer ever for these young ladies!
• Facilitate a fun and exploratory environment where campers are encouraged to ask questions and explore
• Monitor campers closely during off-farm excursions
• Generate a list of possible camp activities based on your skills and experiences (can be anything from an arts & crafts project, to cooking, improv class, science experiments, writing activity, athletics, puppetry)
• Design and run 3-5 activities a week
• Be fun and lighthearted, lead the fun!
The best part:
Aside from having an incredible summer, working at Hameau is a tremendous opportunity for personal and career growth. As a member of staff you will be planning and leading activities on a daily basis, a tremendous resume builder. You will learn about agriculture and dairy farming first-hand, and be working closely with the camp director, who is a fabulous professional reference for future roles. Previous staff members have gone on to work as veterinarians, producers (one for Netflix), actors on Broadway, creative directors, teachers, and more. We’ve heard that in job interviews, all the employer ever wants to talk about is your time working on a farm, it certainly helps you stand out!
...and 2020's video
Watch the video from last summer's staff training
Send us an email at HameauFarm@gmail.com, attach a resume if possible, and answer the following questions:
1. Tell us about yourself!
2. Do you have any experience in agriculture or working on a farm? (no problem if you do not, many of our staff members have never even been to a farm, but a love of animals is a requirement!)
3. Do you have any hobbies? We look to our staff to bring their passions into our program to share with the campers, what would you bring to the table?
4. If you had to pick one animal to work with closely, would it be a cow, goat, pig, or sheep?
5. Tell us a fun fact about you.
Shoot us an Email
Check us out on IG
A NOTE ON COVID-19:
In Spring of 2020 we worked with an incredible team, including an Infectious Disease Epidemiologist and a Pediatric Nurse, to develop a 35-page COVID Protocol Document which allowed us to run our program in 2020 and 2021 without one instance of COVID-19. Most importantly, in the midst of an uncertain and isolating time, we have been able to offer young girls a summer respite where they can learn, play and socialize with friends without masks or fear of a virus. Needless to say, we are very proud of that. With our experience from the last two summers and updated protocols, we are confident we can continue to run our summer program safely and responsibly.
Copyright © 2021, Hameau Farm. All Rights Reserved.
6364 SR 655, Belleville, PA 17004