We're looking for 10 female leaders to make our 25th season at Hameau Farm the most epic summer yet!
Seeking: Summer Camp Staff, Animal Lovers Who Enjoy Working With Kids
Location: Belleville, PA (central PA, a short drive from State College)
June 14-Aug 8 (8 weeks)
This is a paid position.
Requirements: Good with kids, responsible leader, animal lover, positive, fun!
Bonus points if you: love theatre, play an instrument, enjoy literature, dance, art, science, crafting and/or cooking.
COVID-19 UPDATE: Yes, we are planning to run our summer program. We have the benefit of being a very small program, and we are working with a team of professionals (including a Pediatric Nurse and an Infectious Disease Epidemiologist) to develop safe and responsible practices for our summer program.
Who are we?
We are a small dairy farm that doubles as a summer sleepaway camp for girls age 7-14 during the summer months. Our mission is to empower young women, increase confidence and celebrate uniqueness through hard work and fun. Summers on the farm include farm activities like working with animals and farm chores, as well as traditional camp experiences like bonfires, songs and arts & crafts. We are a small program, with a staff of 10-12 strong women looking after 30 campers. Check out our summer camp section for everything you could possibly want to know about our program. Also take a look at our Alumnae section for testimonials from previous staff members.
What you’d be doing:
We look to our staff to lead the fun, and provide a safe and exploratory environment for campers. This summer in particular we will need a solid staff to ensure everyone's safety while maintaining a fun and upbeat camp spirit. We are looking for responsible young leaders, comfortable running activities on their own and working closely with a co-counselor to look after 10 girls in a cabin. Counselors reside in bunks with the campers and are given generous time off.
• Look after 30 girls as part of a team of 7 staff members
• Work seamlessly with your co-counselors and CITs as a team to make it the best summer ever for these young ladies!
• Monitor campers closely for possible COVID-19 symptoms, and execute prevention, detection and response protocol calmly and efficiently
• Facilitate a fun and exploratory environment where campers are encouraged to ask questions and explore
• Monitor campers closely during off-farm excursions
• Generate a list of possible camp activities based on your skills and experiences (can be anything from an arts & crafts project, to cooking, improv class, science experiments, writing activity, athletics, puppetry)
• Create and run an activity daily
• Be silly and lighthearted, lead the fun!
The best part:
Aside from having an epic summer, working at Hameau is a tremendous opportunity for personal and career growth. As a member of staff you will be planning and leading activities on a daily basis, a tremendous resume builder. Additionally, you will learn about agriculture and dairy farming first-hand. You will also be working closely with the camp director, who might become a professional reference for future roles. Previous staff members have gone on to work as veterinarians, producers (one for Netflix), actors on Broadway, creative directors, teachers, and more. We’ve heard that in job interviews all the employer ever wants to talk about is your time working on a farm, it certainly helps you stand out!
Send us an email at HameauFarm@gmail.com, attach a resume if possible, and answer the following questions:
1. Tell us about yourself!
2. Do you have any experience in agriculture or working on a farm? (no worries if you do not, many of our staff members have never even been to a farm, but a love of animals is a requirement!)
3. Do you have any hobbies? We look to our staff to bring their passions into our program to share with the campers, what would you bring to the table?
4. If you had to pick one animal to work with closely, would it be a cow, goat, pig, or sheep?
5. What was your favorite children’s book growing up? (Just curious!)
We are on the edge of our seats waiting to hear from you!
Shoot us an Email
Check us out on IG
Copyright © 2020, Hameau Farm. All Rights Reserved.
6364 SR 655, Belleville, PA 17004